Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of material:
- noun: things needed for doing or making something
Example: "Writing materials"
- noun: information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form
Example: "The archives provided rich material for a definitive biography"
- noun: a person judged suitable for admission or employment
Example: "He was university material"
- noun: the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
Example: "Coal is a hard black material"
- noun: artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
Example: "She measured off enough material for a dress"
- adjective: directly relevant to a matter especially a law case
Example: "His support made a material difference"
- adjective: concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being
Example: "Material needs"
- adjective: concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests
Example: "Material possessions"
- adjective: derived from or composed of matter
Example: "The material universe"
- adjective: having material or physical form or substance
- adjective: having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary
Search for material at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...