Definitions of accession:
- noun: the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)
Example: "Elizabeth's accession in 1558"
- noun: agreeing with or consenting to (often unwillingly)
Example: "Accession to such demands would set a dangerous precedent"
- noun: something added to what you already have
Example: "The librarian shelved the new accessions"
- noun: (civil law) the right to all of that which your property produces whether by growth or improvement
- noun: a process of increasing by addition (as to a collection or group)
Example: "The art collectin grew through accession"
- noun: the right to enter
- verb: make a record of additions to a collection, such as a library
Search for accession at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse