Definitions of afloat:
- adverb: Floating.
- adverb: In a vessel at sea or on another body of water.
- adverb: (of hair or clothing) Floating in the air; flowing freely; not tied, braided, etc.
- adverb: Covered with water (bearing floating objects).
- adverb: (figuratively) Covered, overspread (with or in something).
- adverb: (of an organization) Having enough money to continue to operate; (of a private individual, family, etc.) able to pay one's expenses, able to keep one's head above water.
- adverb: (dated, of ideas, information, etc.) Being believed or discussed by many people; being passed from person to person.
- adverb: (obsolete, of an emotional state) Stimulated, aroused.
- adverb: (obsolete) In a state of confusion or bewilderment.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for afloat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse