Definitions of alpha:
- noun: the 1st letter of the Greek alphabet
- noun: the beginning of a series or sequence
Example: "The Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end--Revelations"
- adjective: first in order of importance
Example: "The alpha male in the group of chimpanzees"
- adjective: early testing stage of a software or hardware product
Example: "Alpha version"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 20000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1317)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #66080)
Search for alpha at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia