Definitions of Asa:
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 25000 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1133)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #58701)
- noun: (biblical) Asa of Judah, a king of Judah mentioned in the Books of Kings.
- noun: A male given name from Hebrew first used by Puritans.
- noun: Initialism of Acoustical Society of America.
- noun: Initialism of American Standards Association, which has changed its name to American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- noun: Initialism of American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- noun: Initialism of Amateur Swimming Association.
- noun: (UK) Initialism of Advertising Standards Authority.
- noun: Initialism of Ancient South Arabian. [Synonym of Old South Arabian]
- noun: (military) Initialism of air sovereignty alert: refers to fighter jet units that provide aerial defense of the nation via high-readiness aircraft.
- noun: (pharmacology, uncountable) Initialism of acetylsalicylic acid. (aspirin) [(pharmacology) The acetate ester of salicylic acid (aspirin)]
- noun: Alternative form of Aasax (“language”) [The language (often considered to be Southern Cushitic) formerly spoken by the Asa people of Tanzania.]
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Asa at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia