Definitions of backhander:
- noun: A glass of wine given out of turn, the bottle having been handed backwards.
- noun: A blow with the back of the hand.
- noun: (informal) A bribe, a secret payment.
- noun: (racquet sports) A shot played backhand, a backhand stroke.
- noun: (racquet sports) A player who plays a backhand shot.
- noun: (surfing) A surfer who approaches a swell with the wave behind them ("on their backhand") rather than facing the wave ("on their forehand").
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for backhander at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia