Definitions of Barry:
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 746 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #140)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 6666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #771)
- noun: A male given name from Irish
- noun: A surname from Irish derived from the given name, or from place names in Scotland and Wales.
- noun: A coastal town and community of the Vale of Glamorgan county borough, Wales.
- noun: A village near Carnoustie, Angus council area, Scotland (OS grid ref NO5334).
- noun: (heraldry) A field divided transversely into several equal parts, and consisting of two different tinctures interchangeably disposed.
- adjective: (heraldry) Traversed (transversely) by bars.
- adjective: (slang, Scotland) Excellent.
- noun: A male given name Abbreviation of Bartholomew. [An Apostle, identified with Nathanael. (biblical character)]
- noun: A male given name Abbreviation of Barack. [A male given name from Arabic.]
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Barry at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia