Definitions of Barton:
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4166 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #475)
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 16666 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #877)
- noun: A farmyard.
- noun: the lands of a manor reserved for the Lord's use
- noun: (archaic) an arrangement of blocks and pulleys; a burton
- noun: A hamlet and civil parish in Eden district, Cumbria (OS grid ref NY4826).
- noun: A village in Preston, Lancashire (OS grid ref SD5137).
- noun: An unincorporated community in Amador County, California.
- noun: A ghost town and community in Fresno County, California.
- noun: A town in Maryland.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Deuel County, Nebraska, derived from the surname.
- noun: A town in New York.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Belmont County, Ohio.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Clackamas County, Oregon.
- noun: A town, a village and river in Vermont.
- noun: A town in Wisconsin.
- noun: A community in Nova Scotia.
- noun: A habitational surname, from Old English from the places in England.
- noun: A male given name transferred from the surname.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Barton at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia