Definitions of beetle:
- noun: insect having biting mouthparts and front wings modified to form horny covers overlying the membranous rear wings
- noun: a tool resembling a hammer but with a large head (usually wooden); used to drive wedges or ram down paving stones or for crushing or beating or flattening or smoothing
- verb: fly or go in a manner resembling a beetle
Example: "He beetled up the staircase"
- verb: beat with a beetle
- verb: be suspended over or hang over
Example: "This huge rock beetles over the edge of the town"
- adjective: jutting or overhanging
Example: "Beetle brows"
Search for beetle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia