Definitions of bench:
- noun: a long seat for more than one person
- noun: the reserve players on a team
Example: "Our team has a strong bench"
- noun: the magistrate or judge or judges sitting in court in judicial capacity to compose the court collectively
- noun: persons who administer justice
- noun: a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
- noun: a strong worktable for a carpenter or mechanic
- verb: exhibit on a bench
Example: "Bench the poodles at the dog show"
- verb: take out of a game; of players
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12684)
Search for bench at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia