Definitions of bend:
- noun: curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- noun: diagonal line traversing a shield from the upper right corner to the lower left
- noun: a town in central Oregon at the eastern foot of the Cascade Range
- noun: a circular segment of a curve
Example: "A bend in the road"
- noun: movement that causes the formation of a curve
- noun: an angular or rounded shape made by folding
Example: "A bend of his elbow"
- verb: change direction
Example: "The road bends"
- verb: form a curve
Example: "The stick does not bend"
- verb: cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
Example: "Bend the rod"
- verb: bend a joint
Example: "Bend your knees"
- verb: turn from a straight course , fixed direction, or line of interest
- verb: bend one's back forward from the waist on down
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #52897)
Search for bend at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse