Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bill:
- noun: the entertainment offered at a public presentation
- noun: a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
Example: "He pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead"
- noun: a long-handled saw with a curved blade
Example: "He used a bill to prune branches off of the tree"
- noun: a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
- noun: an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
Example: "He paid his bill and left"
- noun: a statute in draft before it becomes law
Example: "They held a public hearing on the bill"
- noun: a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank)
- noun: horny projecting mouth of a bird
- noun: an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- noun: a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
- verb: advertise especially by posters or placards
Example: "He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso"
- verb: demand payment
Example: "We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
- verb: publicize or announce by placards
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 892 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #159)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6281)
Search for bill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse