Definitions of blade:
- noun: the flat part of a tool or weapon that (usually) has a cutting edge
- noun: flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- noun: the part of the skate that slides on the ice
- noun: a broad flat body part (as of the shoulder or tongue)
- noun: a cut of beef from the shoulder blade
- noun: something long and thin resembling a blade of grass
Example: "A blade of lint on his suit"
- noun: a dashing young man
Example: "Gay young blades bragged of their amorous adventures"
- noun: especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole
- noun: a cutting or thrusting weapon with a long blade
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15266)
Search for blade at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse