Definitions of blood:
- noun: temperament or disposition
Example: "A person of hot blood"
- noun: the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped by the heart
Example: "Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries waste products away"
- noun: people viewed as members of a group
Example: "We need more young blood in this organization"
- noun: the shedding of blood resulting in murder
Example: "He avenged the blood of his kinsmen"
- noun: a dissolute man in fashionable society
- noun: the descendants of one individual
- verb: smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5317)
Search for blood at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse