Definitions of blunt:
- verb: make less sharp
Example: "Blunt the knives"
- verb: make less intense
Example: "Blunted emotions"
- verb: make dull or blunt
- verb: make less lively, intense, or vigorous; impair in vigor, force, activity, or sensation
Example: "Terror blunted her feelings"
- verb: make numb or insensitive
- adjective: having a broad or rounded end
Example: "Thick marks made by a blunt pencil"
- adjective: devoid of any qualifications or disguise or adornment
Example: "The blunt truth"
- adjective: characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
Example: "Blunt talking and straight shooting"
- adjective: used of a knife or other blade; not sharp
Example: "A blunt instrument"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3212)
Search for blunt at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse