Definitions of body:
- noun: the external structure of a vehicle
Example: "The body of the car was badly rusted"
- noun: the entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being)
Example: "He felt as if his whole body were on fire"
- noun: body of a dead animal or person
Example: "They found the body in the lake"
- noun: the central message of a communication
Example: "The body of the message was short"
- noun: a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
Example: "The whole body filed out of the auditorium"
- noun: a collection of particulars considered as a system
Example: "A body of law"
- noun: an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects
Example: "Heavenly body"
- noun: the property of holding together and retaining its shape
- noun: the body excluding the head and neck and limbs
- verb: invest with or as with a body; give body to
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11915)
Search for body at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse