Definitions of bother:
- noun: something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
Example: "A bit of a bother"
- noun: an angry disturbance
Example: "A spot of bother"
- verb: make confused or perplexed or puzzled
- verb: make nervous or agitated
Example: "The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster"
- verb: intrude or enter uninvited
Example: "Don't bother the professor while she is grading term papers"
- verb: take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
Example: "Don't bother, please"
- verb: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
Example: "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"
- verb: to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
Search for bother at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse