Definitions of bridge:
- noun: any of various card games based on whist for four players
- noun: a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- noun: an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
- noun: the link between two lenses; rests on nose
- noun: a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
- noun: a wooden support that holds the strings up
- noun: a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
- noun: the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose
Example: "Her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose"
- noun: something resembling a bridge in form or function
Example: "His letters provided a bridge across the centuries"
- verb: connect or reduce the distance between
- verb: make a bridge across
Example: "Bridge a river"
- verb: cross over on a bridge
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5285)
Search for bridge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse