Definitions of buckle:
- noun: fastener that fastens together two ends of a belt or strap; often has loose prong
- noun: a shape distorted by twisting or folding
- verb: fold or collapse
Example: "His knees buckled"
- verb: fasten with a buckle or buckles
- verb: bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat
Example: "The highway buckled during the heatwave"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17857)
Search for buckle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia