Definitions of build:
- noun: constitution of the human body
- noun: alternative names for the body of a human being
- verb: develop and grow
Example: "Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera"
- verb: order, supervise, or finance the construction of
Example: "The government is building new schools in this state"
- verb: improve the cleansing action of
Example: "Build detergents"
- verb: found or ground
Example: "Build a defense on nothing but the accused person's reputation"
- verb: build or establish something abstract
Example: "Build a reputation"
- verb: be engaged in building
Example: "These architects build in interesting and new styles"
- verb: give form to, according to a plan
Example: "Build a modern nation"
- verb: make by combining materials and parts
- verb: form or accumulate steadily
Example: "Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border"
- verb: bolster or strengthen
Example: "Build up confidence"
Search for build at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse