Definitions of bull:
- noun: a serious and ludicrous blunder
Example: "He made a bad bull of the assignment"
- noun: mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
- noun: uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
- noun: a formal proclamation issued by the pope (usually written in antiquated characters and sealed with a leaden bulla)
- noun: a large and strong and heavyset man
Example: "He was a bull of a man"
- noun: an investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
- noun: uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- noun: obscene words for unacceptable behavior
Example: "I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"
- noun: the center of a target
- noun: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
- noun: the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
- verb: try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
- verb: push or force
Example: "He bulled through his demands"
- verb: advance in price
Example: "Stocks were bulling"
- verb: talk through one's hat
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2671)
Search for bull at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse