Definitions of Burke:
- noun: English statesman famous for his oratory; pleaded the cause of the American colonists in Parliament and defended the parliamentary system (1729-1797)
- noun: United States frontierswoman and legendary figure of the Wild West noted for her marksmanship (1852-1903)
- verb: murder without leaving a trace on the body
- verb: get rid of, silence, or suppress
Example: "Burke an issue"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2272 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #243)
Search for Burke at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia