Definitions of butt:
- noun: thick end of the handle
- noun: the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- noun: a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons)
- noun: a victim of ridicule or pranks
- noun: a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
- noun: sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
- noun: finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
- noun: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
Example: "He deserves a good kick in the butt"
- verb: to strike, thrust or shove against, often with head or horns
Example: "He butted his sister out of the way"
- verb: place end to end without overlapping
Example: "The frames must be butted at the joints"
- verb: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5069)
Search for butt at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia