Definitions of caller:
- noun: a social or business visitor
- noun: the person initiating a telephone call
Example: "There were so many callers that he finally disconnected the telephone"
- noun: the person who convenes a meeting
Example: "Who is the caller of this meeting?"
- noun: someone who proclaims or summons in a loud voice
Example: "The callers were mothers summoning their children home for dinner"
- noun: a person who announces the changes of steps during a dance
Example: "You need a fiddler and a caller for country dancing"
- noun: the bettor in a card game who matches the bet and calls for a show of hands
- noun: an investor who buys a call option
- adjective: providing coolness
Example: "`caller' is a Scottish term as in `a caller breeze'"
- adjective: fresh
Example: "Caller fish"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #74419)
Search for caller at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia