Definitions of cap:
- noun: a tight-fitting headdress
- noun: a top (as for a bottle)
- noun: something serving as a cover or protection
- noun: a fruiting structure resembling an umbrella that forms the top of a stalked fleshy fungus such as a mushroom
- noun: dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a tooth
- noun: an upper limit on what is allowed
Example: "They established a cap for prices"
- noun: the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
- noun: a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive
- verb: restrict the number or amount of
Example: "We had to cap the number of people we can accept into our club"
- verb: lie at the top of
Example: "Snow capped the mountains"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #24847)
Search for cap at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse