Definitions of Carr:
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 1960 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #205)
- noun: A bog or marsh; marshy ground, swampland.
- noun: A marsh or fen on which low trees or bushes grow; a marshy woodland.
- noun: (Northumberland Dialect) rock
- noun: A northern English habitational surname, from Old Norse derived from Old Norse kjarr (“brushwood”).
- noun: A Scottish surname, from Scottish Gaelic, a variant of Kerr.
- noun: An Irish surname, from Irish, anglicized from Irish Ó Carra, Ó Cairre.
- noun: An Irish surname, a variant of Kilcar.
- noun: An unincorporated community in Colorado; named for railroad official Robert E. Carr.
- noun: An unincorporated community in North Carolina.
- noun: A river in West Greenwich, Rhode Island; flowing 6 km from Carr Pond into the Big.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Carr at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia