Definitions of cat:
- noun: feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar; domestic cats; wildcats
- noun: a spiteful woman gossip
Example: "What a cat she is!"
- noun: any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild
- noun: a whip with nine knotted cords
Example: "British sailors feared the cat"
- noun: an informal term for a youth or man
- noun: the leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea; has the effect of a euphoric stimulant
- noun: a method of examining body organs by scanning them with X rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis
- verb: beat with a cat-o'-nine-tails
- verb: eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
Search for cat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia