Definitions of circle:
- noun: any circular or rotating mechanism
Example: "The machine punched out metal circles"
- noun: a curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra
Example: "They had excellent seats in the dress circle"
- noun: ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point
Example: "He calculated the circumference of the circle"
- noun: something approximating the shape of a circle
Example: "The chairs were arranged in a circle"
- noun: movement once around a course
- noun: a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island
- noun: an unofficial association of people or groups
- noun: street names for flunitrazepan
- verb: move in circles
- verb: travel around something
Example: "Circle the globe"
- verb: form a circle around
Example: "Encircle the errors"
- verb: be around
Example: "The river encircles the village"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #20324)
Search for circle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse