Definitions of clash:
- noun: a state of conflict between persons
- noun: a state of conflict between colors
Example: "Her dress was a disturbing clash of colors"
- noun: a minor short-term fight
- noun: a loud resonant repeating noise
- verb: be incompatible; be or come into conflict
Example: "These colors clash"
- verb: disagree violently
Example: "We clashed over the new farm policies"
- verb: crash together with violent impact
Example: "Two meteors clashed"
Search for clash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia