Definitions of clip:
- noun: a sharp slanting blow
Example: "He gave me a clip on the ear"
- noun: the act of clipping or snipping
- noun: any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together
- noun: an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress
- noun: an instance or single occasion for some event
Example: "He could do ten at a clip"
- noun: a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
- verb: terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
- verb: attach with a clip
Example: "Clip the papers together"
- verb: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- verb: sever or remove by pinching or snipping
- verb: run at a moderately swift pace
Search for clip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia