Definitions of cloud:
- noun: a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude
- noun: any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust) or gases that is visible
- noun: out of touch with reality
Example: "His head was in the clouds"
- noun: suspicion affecting your reputation
Example: "After that mistake he was under a cloud"
- noun: a cause of worry or gloom or trouble
Example: "The only cloud on the horizon was the possibility of dissent by the French"
- noun: a group of many insects
Example: "A cloud of butterflies"
- verb: billow up in the form of a cloud
Example: "The smoke clouded above the houses"
- verb: make milky or dull
Example: "The chemical clouded the liquid to which it was added"
- verb: make gloomy or depressed
Example: "Their faces were clouded with sadness"
- verb: make overcast or cloudy
- verb: colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
- verb: place under suspicion or cast doubt upon
- verb: make less visible or unclear
Example: "The stars are obscured by the clouds"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2306)
Search for cloud at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse