Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of club:
- noun: stout stick that is larger at one end
Example: "He carried a club in self defense"
- noun: a playing card in the minor suit of clubs (having one or more black trefoils on it)
Example: "He led a small club"
- noun: a formal association of people with similar interests
Example: "He joined a golf club"
- noun: a building occupied by a club
Example: "The clubhouse needed a new roof"
- noun: a spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink
Example: "The gossip columnist got his information by visiting nightclubs every night"
- noun: golf equipment used by a golfer to hit a golf ball
- noun: a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together
Example: "Each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
- verb: gather and spend time together
Example: "They always club together"
- verb: unite with a common purpose
Example: "The two men clubbed together"
- verb: strike with a club or a bludgeon
Search for club at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse