Definitions of coast:
- noun: the area within view
Example: "The coast is clear"
- noun: a slope down which sleds may coast
Example: "When it snowed they made a coast on the golf course"
- noun: the shore of a sea or ocean
- noun: the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it
Example: "The children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope"
- verb: move effortlessly; by force of gravity
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #30608)
Search for coast at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia