Try out Spruce, our experimental quotations search engine.
Definitions of construction:
- noun: drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem
Example: "The assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"
- noun: the act of constructing or building something
Example: "During the construction we had to take a detour"
- noun: the commercial activity involved in constructing buildings
Example: "Their main business is home construction"
- noun: the creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought
- noun: a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit
Example: "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
- noun: an interpretation of a text or action
Example: "They put an unsympathetic construction on his conduct"
- noun: a thing constructed; a complex construction or entity
Example: "She wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
Search for construction at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse