Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of contract:
- noun: a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid
- noun: a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law
- noun: (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
- verb: enter into a contractual arrangement
- verb: be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness
- verb: make smaller
Example: "The heat contracted the woollen garment"
- verb: become smaller or draw together
- verb: engage by written agreement
- verb: make or become more narrow or restricted
- verb: compress or concentrate
- verb: squeeze or press together
Example: "The spasm contracted the muscle"
- verb: reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
Search for contract at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...