Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of convert:
- noun: a person who has been converted to another religious or political belief
- verb: change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy
Example: "We converted from 220 to 110 Volt"
- verb: change religious beliefs, or adopt a religious belief
Example: "She converted to Buddhism"
- verb: cause to adopt a new or different faith
Example: "The missionaries converted the Indian population"
- verb: make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something
- verb: score (a spare)
- verb: complete successfully
- verb: score an extra point or points after touchdown by kicking the ball through the uprights or advancing the ball into the endzone
Example: "Smith converted and his team won"
- verb: change in nature, purpose, or function; especially undergo a chemical change
Example: "The substance converts to an acid"
- verb: change the nature, purpose, or function of something
Example: "Convert lead into gold"
- verb: exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- verb: exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
Example: "Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"
Search for convert at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse