Definitions of count:
- noun: the act of counting
Example: "The counting continued for several hours"
- noun: a nobleman (in various countries) having rank equal to a British earl
- noun: the total number counted
Example: "A blood count"
- verb: have weight; have import, carry weight
- verb: put into a group
Example: "The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members"
- verb: include as if by counting
Example: "I can count my colleagues in the opposition"
- verb: have faith or confidence in
Example: "You can count on me to help you any time"
- verb: name or recite the numbers
Example: "The toddler could count to 100"
- verb: determine the number or amount of
Example: "Can you count the books on your shelf?"
- verb: take account of
Example: "Count on the monsoon"
- verb: show consideration for; take into account
Search for count at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse