Definitions of crop:
- noun: the stock or handle of a whip
- noun: the output of something in a season
Example: "The latest crop of fashions is about to hit the stores"
- noun: a collection of people or things appearing together
Example: "The annual crop of students brings a new crop of ideas"
- noun: the yield from plants in a single growing season
- noun: a pouch in many birds and some lower animals that resembles a stomach for storage and preliminary maceration of food
- verb: cut short
Example: "She wanted her hair cropped short"
- verb: feed as in a meadow or pasture
- verb: let feed in a field or pasture or meadow
- verb: yield crops
Example: "This land crops well"
- verb: prepare for crops
- verb: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
Search for crop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse