Definitions of Dave:
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 1886 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #271)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18269)
- noun: A diminutive of the male given name David, also used as a formal given name.
- noun: A Gujarati surname, from Gujarati from Sanskrit द्विवेदिन् (dvivedin, “(one who has studied) two Vedas”).
- noun: (very rare) A female given name.
- verb: (transitive, UK dialectal) To assuage; soften; mitigate; relieve; calm; alleviate (pain).
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Dave at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia