Definitions of death:
- noun: the act of killing
Example: "He had two deaths on his conscience"
- noun: the event of dying or departure from life
Example: "Her death came as a terrible shock"
- noun: the personification of death
Example: "Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
- noun: the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
Example: "The animal died a painful death"
- noun: the absence of life or state of being dead
Example: "He seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- noun: the time at which life ends; continuing until dead
Example: "She stayed until his death"
- noun: the time when something ends
Example: "It was the death of all his plans"
- noun: a final state
Search for death at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse