Definitions of defect:
- noun: a failing or deficiency
Example: "That interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information"
- noun: an imperfection in a bodily system
Example: "Visual defects"
- noun: an imperfection in a device or machine
Example: "If there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
- noun: a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body)
- verb: desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army
Search for defect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia