Definitions of deliver:
- verb: carry out or perform
Example: "Deliver an attack, deliver a blow"
- verb: save from sins
- verb: deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
- verb: utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.)
Example: "The students delivered a cry of joy"
- verb: bring to a destination, make a delivery
Example: "Our local super market delivers"
- verb: throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
Example: "The pitcher delivered the ball"
- verb: hand over to the authorities of another country
- verb: free from harm or evil
- verb: give birth (to a newborn)
- verb: pass down
Example: "Deliver a judgment"
- verb: relinquish possession or control over
- verb: to surrender someone or something to another
Example: "The guard delivered the criminal to the police"
Search for deliver at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse