Definitions of deposit:
- noun: the act of putting something somewhere
- noun: a payment given as a guarantee that an obligation will be met
- noun: the phenomenon of sediment or gravel accumulating
- noun: money given as security for an article acquired for temporary use
Example: "His deposit was refunded when he returned the car"
- noun: money deposited in a bank
- noun: a facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping
- noun: matter deposited by some natural process
- noun: a partial payment made at the time of purchase; the balance to be paid later
- noun: the natural process of laying down a deposit of something
- verb: put into a bank account
Example: "She deposites her paycheck every month"
- verb: fix, force, or implant
- verb: put (something somewhere) firmly
Example: "Deposit the suitcase on the bench"
Search for deposit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia