Definitions of development:
- noun: act of improving by expanding or enlarging or refining
Example: "He congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency"
- noun: a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation
Example: "Recent developments in Iraq"
- noun: a district that has been developed to serve some purpose
Example: "Such land is practical for small park developments"
- noun: processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible
Example: "The development and printing of his pictures took only two hours"
- noun: a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage)
Example: "The development of his ideas took many years"
- noun: a state in which things are improving; the result of developing (as in the early part of a game of chess)
Example: "After he saw the latest development he changed his mind and became a supporter"
- noun: the act of making some area of land or water more profitable or productive or useful
Example: "The development of Alaskan resources"
- noun: (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level
Example: "He proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
Search for development at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse