Definitions of dissent:
- noun: a difference of opinion
- noun: (law) the difference of one judge's opinion from that of the majority
Example: "He expressed his dissent in a contrary opinion"
- noun: the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
- verb: withhold assent
Example: "Several Republicans dissented"
- verb: express opposition through action or words
Example: "Dissent to the laws of the country"
- verb: be of different opinions
Search for dissent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia