Definitions of dodge:
- noun: a quick evasive movement
- noun: a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery
- noun: an elaborate or deceitful scheme contrived to deceive or evade
- verb: make a sudden movement in a new direction so as to avoid
Example: "The child dodged the teacher's blow"
- verb: move to and fro or from place to place usually in an irregular course
Example: "The pickpocket dodged through the crowd"
- verb: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
Example: "He dodged the issue"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1524)
Search for dodge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia