Definitions of draft:
- noun: the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
- noun: a dose of liquid medicine
Example: "He took a sleeping draft"
- noun: a preliminary sketch of a design or picture
- noun: a regulator for controlling the flow of air in a fireplace
- noun: the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded)
- noun: preliminary version of a written work
- noun: a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg
Example: "They served beer on draft"
- noun: a current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle)
- noun: a document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another
- noun: a large and hurried swallow
- noun: compulsory military service
- verb: draw up an outline or sketch for something
Example: "Draft a speech"
- verb: engage somebody to enter the army
- verb: make a blueprint of
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #64455)
Search for draft at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia