Definitions of drink:
- noun: the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess
Example: "Drink was his downfall"
- noun: a single serving of a beverage
Example: "I asked for a hot drink"
- noun: any large deep body of water
Example: "He jumped into the drink and had to be rescued"
- noun: the act of swallowing
Example: "He took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips"
- noun: any liquid suitable for drinking
- verb: take in liquids
Example: "The patient must drink several liters each day"
- verb: consume alcohol
Example: "We were up drinking all night"
- verb: drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic
Example: "The husband drinks and beats his wife"
- verb: be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to
Example: "The mother drinks in every word of her son on the stage"
- verb: propose a toast to
Example: "Let's drink to the New Year"
Search for drink at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse