Definitions of Duffy:
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 7692 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #889)
- noun: An Irish surname, from Irish, an anglicization of Ó Dubhthaigh (“descendant of Dubhthach”). Dubhthach is a byname derived from dubh (“black”).
- noun: An Irish surname, from Irish, an anglicization of Ó Doithe.
- noun: A Scottish patronymic surname, from Scottish Gaelic, an alternate anglicization of Mac Dhuibhshíthe (McPhee).
- noun: A suburb of Canberra, Australia; named for Charles Gavan Duffy, 8th Premier of Victoria.
- noun: An unincorporated community in West Virginia, United States.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Duffy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia