Definitions of ease:
- noun: freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort
Example: "He rose through the ranks with apparent ease"
- noun: freedom from constraint or embarrassment
Example: "I am never at ease with strangers"
- noun: a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
Example: "A life of luxury and ease"
- noun: freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
- noun: the condition of being comfortable or relieved (especially after being relieved of distress)
Example: "Getting it off his conscience gave him some ease"
- verb: move gently or carefully
Example: "He eased himself into the chair"
- verb: make easier
- verb: lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate
Example: "Ease the pain in your legs"
- verb: lessen the intensity of or calm
Example: "The news eased my conscience"
Search for ease at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse